1.02.2013

a year for becoming aware.




2012 was a year for regrouping.

Which happily I think we have accomplished.

I feel like I can finally say I've caught my breath, and can move beyond the 24-7 "you can do this" pep talk I've had on repeat for myself over the last year and a half.

I feel very hopeful that 2013 will be a year for moving forward.

I'm trying to hone in on what my focus for this year should be. . . there are so many areas in my life that I need improvement in and sometimes it just overwhelms me to even try to make goals.  (Which is so crazy since you know how much I love lists.)  But it is such a bummer when I consistently come up so short.

I have been pondering of taking a more inward approach this year, instead of trying to mold myself into bits and pieces of all those i admire, perhaps it's time I figure out who I really am at my core. 

The seeds of this idea have been planted over the last year.  It just seems to be a fact that during our most difficult stretches of time, our learning is so accelerated; where we receive slivers of wisdom along the way to let us know our difficulties are not all for naught.

So here I have a whole fresh new year to become aware.  Become aware of who I am.  Be aware of who each of my children are.  Be aware of others around me.  Although I feel like I have begun it a little late in life, I am very excited to see where this journey will lead.

From Henry B. Eyring:
"God knows our gifts. My challenge to you and to me is to pray to know the gifts we have been given, to know how to develop them, and to recognize the opportunities to serve others that God provides us."

Happy 2013!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


7 comments:

Honeybee said...

Happy New Year, Tiffany! Happy to see you blogging. Hope you have a fabulous year.

Megan said...

Loved this well said, what a great "word" for the year, I love it and will ponder it too. It was so good to see you and the family at Christmas, so fun!

gillar girl said...

Thank you Melissa! I hope to see you again soon!

And Megan it was so great to see you too! I hope it won't be too long until we see you all again!

Lacey said...

that's an awesome quote. And you're my inspiration:)

Carin said...

A wonderful resolution...that will touch every aspect of life- very inspiring! Happy new year to you!!!!!

cristelle amber said...

I love that quote. I have been feeling that exact way. A great resolution for the new year!

Holly and Sean said...

Wonderful thoughts. I think 2013 will be your year girl.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...